1. Minimum coverage is 30.000 Euro.
2. Medical insurance should in principal be bought in Saudi Arabia.
3. In cases when medical insurance can not be bought, for instance due to old age, a medical insurance can be obtained in Europe.
4. The medical insurance must be valid in all Schengen states.
5. Persons who are insured through the employer and can prove coverage for medical treatment abroad (in accordance with the Schengen regulations) do not need to obtain a medical insurance.
6. The Schengen member states have agreed to waive the following groups a medical travel insurance:
- Members of the Royal Court
- Civil servants on a VIP mission to Europe
- Transit A visa
- Military personnel on an official mission
7. Persons who do not need a medical travel insurance should have this printed on the visa sticker.
8. Applicants who have been granted a visa with long validity need to obtain a long-term medical travel
9. Approved list of local insurance companies and more information