Photo: UDI.Photo: UDI

Work and Study

Last updated: 22.10.2014 // If you are going to work in Norway or you wish to study in Norway for more than three months, you will need a residence permit.

There are different rules depending on what kind of work you are to carry out in Norway. Different rules also apply for residence permit as a student.

Most rules and regulations concerning residence permits are administered by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI). You can find useful information on their webpage, or you may contact UDI's Information Service by phone (+47 23 35 16 00) or email (

When you hand in the application you will need to pay a fee of 1600SAR.

Bookmark and Share